Yahoo! Avatars

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thing 15

I read several of the articles about the Library 2.0. The one I want to discuss is "Moving Away From Iceburgs". I agree with the author that librarians are working hard trying to provide our students with what they need to excel in the tech world. However working hard does not always mean we are working smart. The library profession certainly does need to make a shift change - a redirection of principles and mission statements. We must do this to keep up with our students. There is one thing that I am scared to change - and the author said we (librarians) would be. I am scared to order less books and other print materials. I think we need to put books in the hands of children - especially elementary school children. This change will be a hard one for me to achieve.

No comments: